12/26/2006

Stone Cold Beauty





Terri Logan is a one of a kind jewelry designer. As she wrote some years ago,"Becoming a jewler/metalsmith was less than a direct path for me. I was a psychotherapist for eighteen years before I decided to become a full-time artist."

"My work is based on formal concerns, design principles and function. Coming from a fine arts perspective, function is a new and important dimension for me. Coming from a psychological perspective, I make jewelry because of the intimacy the function allows. I use metal and stone (river rocks) because they are inherently strong materials with a rich historic value and intrinsic links to our civilization. Their abundant character, separate or in relation to each other, offers infinite possibilities as a language."


No comments: