4/22/2007

Small Spaces




From time to time I will be doing posts from Small Spaces on HGTV. I find the show and the site truly helpful for several reasons. The obvious is every square foot costs and not all of us can afford to or choose to live in large domiciles. The less obvious reason is it's a resource for ideas and interior design that are a more natural way of living than most designed spaces. When looking at the spaces you get the feeling a homeowner with taste put them together, as is sometimes the case. Now I'm not bashing interior designers, but it's nice to see spaces that were or look like they were organically created, over time. It ends up being a very different look. I hope you will enjoy these interiors. Out of this I would love to be able to begin to feature some interiors of Design Mind viewers. But we'll talk about that another time.

4 comments:

C. Robin Janning said...

Susan,

"organically created over time" I happen to love that look and I like "Small Spaces" and small spaces!

Robin

Susan E. Snyder said...

Robin,
Thanks for commenting! I love that look too. Not to over produced. I think this will be a fun addition to the blog.

Julie at Belle Vivir said...

I really like what they did with the bedroom. It has everything a home office need and it takes so little space.

Susan E. Snyder said...

Julie,
It's so soothing to the eye too. It's like a little interior work of art.