10/05/2011

Miami Design District - Marni Fall 2011



















I just returned from Miami and was so happy to see the expansion of the Design District since my last trip several years ago. If you are planning a trip to Miami, the Design District is a must see. I will be featuring some shops, designers and items that caught my eye on this visit for the next week. But today is fashion, I'm a huge fan of Marni, and the shop was lovely. So was Pia, the sweet, young woman who waited on me. No haute couture attitude here. She was as approachable as the designs, and happy to share information whether she sensed a sale or not. As for the clothing, jewelry, shoes and bags... to die for. A great mix of texture, interesting drape, color and pattern, both geometric and contemporary floral. Coats in quilted down, shearling and wool were wonderful. Chunky jewelry in horn, wood and acrylic were high impact but comfortable to wear. The shoes... sculptural works of art and funky fun. I can't say enough about this line. You really have to see it, feel it and try it on to fully appreciate it.

No comments: